[Zope] newbie question; getting started

Joerg Wittenberger Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@pobox.com>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:38:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I found zope rather cool, curently I'm evaluating.  But I can't get it
working for real.

I want to do a rather simple thing zope does all the time.  But I
spent many hour right now failing to figure out how.

I have a form, which posts to a method.  The method shall

a) increment a persistent counter

b) put the content of one of the form fields into a new object (I
assume I want to use a document here?).  The name of the new object
shall be derived from the counter above.

Better yet it would modify another document sticking it somewhere into
the middle.  But I think that would make it too complicated for now.

Done.  Stupid me, but I can't get myself over that starter problem.

Thanks for each and every hint.

/Jerry