[Zope] Scripting rather than using the management GUI ...

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:55:29 -0500

Darran -
take a look at

<Zope root>/lib/python/ZPublisher/Client.py

as an example of connecting to a running Zope system from a command line.
This should allow you to at least automate that last step.

Ross

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 06:49:27PM +1000, Darran Edmundson wrote:

> Can I bypass the management GUI and just use python
> scripts to make changes to my Zope Object Database?
> For example, I'd like to traverse my entire database
> correctly setting the height and width properties of
> all images.  I'll give myself RSI doing this via the
> GUI.  The other option that I can see is to write
> an external method, put this in the root folder, and
> call it through the management interface.  The last
> step seems gratuitous and I'm left feeling that there
> must be a simpler solution.

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer