[Zope] Text won't Wrap on Zope site

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:54:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:37:41 -0400,
Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com> said:

Paul> Sorry, it ain't gonna happen.  What does a backslash mean in a SQL
Paul> statement?  What does it mean in an HTML snippet?

Paul> Inserting characters that the author didn't intend to be in there is
Paul> evil.  Asking the authors to re-type all their code so that it will
Paul> display in 640 pixels probably isn't realistic.

Paul> Can someone take a look at other sites (such as sitebuilder or devnet)
Paul> and find out how they handle this issue?

I think Alex Staubo explained the problem pretty well: when you have
<pre> in tables, the table columns take on the size of the widest line.

sitebuilder.com   -- is in German and I don't see any code snippets. :-)
www.codeguru.com  -- doesn't use tables where source code is involved.
www.webmonkey.com -- has the same problem: var width text does not wrap.

The solution might involve style-sheets? Donnow.

--
Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA