[Zope] Mac/IE Image Uploads

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:58:18 -0400

> From: Joshua Brauer [mailto:joshua@brauer.org]
> Just noticed that when I upload images through Internet
> Explorer with my Mac
> they don't get the right file type and they don't work even
> once I change
> the file type. Netscape works fine. Is there a workaround for
> this (which is
> probably an IE problem more than ZOPE).

It's an IE problem.  Apparently IE isn't stripping off the Mac resource
fork when doing a file upload.  I've reported this to Microsoft myself a
few times and have, of course, gotten no response.  I believe the iCab
browser suffers the same problem.

Hopefully hopefully hopefully it'll be fixed in IE 5 which is rumored to
be released during Macworld NY this coming week.

I keep my copy of Navigator around for just this purpose.  :/