[Zope] Zope v Enhydra v NAS v ASP?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:21:41 +0200

Maik Roeder wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:
> >danda wrote:
> >> Hmm... what amount of support does it have for XML besides
> >> XML-RPC?  Is there
> >> pre-built Zope functionality for dealing with XML, or is it
> >> more like, plug in
> >> your favorite XML parser and roll your own?
>
> I have written an external method, which uses the Pyton XML Parser to
> parse
> any XML file and upload it into a Zope folder hierarchy.

Funny, I've been walking around with the same idea here, but you are
quicker. :)

By uploading an XML file into a folder hierarchy one can use
(recursively descending) DTML snippets to represent the XML document
into HTML, if the XML document is relatively straightforward to
translate. Neat. :)

I wonder what the Digicool people are thinking about all this
themselves; I think Paul mentioned sending out a message yesterday with
their ideas for XML in Zope, but so far I seem to have missed it. :)
It's quite possible they're thinking along the same lines.

Regards,

Martijn