[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope/XML Roadmap

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:36:22 +0200

Amos Latteier wrote:
[snip XML roadmap]

Now I read them. It's funny; here I am walking around, getting more and
more neat ideas on how to how to use XML in Zope, turns out Maik Roeder
wrote an External Method that does much of what I was thinking about
already, and the Digicool people already were a few steps ahead of me
with their ideas and implemented an XML Document.

Just this morning I was figuring out that you'd need an 'Ordered Folder'
to represent XML documents in Zope neatly, and it turns out they thought
of *that* too, already, and are planning to adjust the management
interface to support them!

Can't I think of something original for a change? :)

Anyway, an Ordered Folder can be useful independent from XML -- you guys
want to change the management interface, so I presume you want all
Folders to become ordered. I think this would be useful anyway for many
non XML-ish tasks, like a folder containing news messages (ordered by
posting date), or FAQ questions, or something similar, and it doesn't
seem as if there'll be many backward compatibility problems, so I
suppose that's the best idea.

Regards,

Martijn