[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope/XML Roadmap

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:45:51 +0100

This is really good news.
At the moment, I go through a *lot* of hoops to get my study guides
into an XML format (from RTF) and then into SQL so that they can be
delivered through a Zope frontend in good old HTML. An example of
what we do is at http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/nle/demo/ (select the 'database
driven study-guides' link)

One thing that we want to be able to do is edit the material online -
however, to do that means that we need to recreate the XML element,
together with it's attributes from the SQL entry, and then put it in
the right place in the XML document hierarchy. Then go through the
conversion process again.  If I can put my XML documents more or less
'as-is' into a Zope system, I am going to be one *very* happy camper!

Tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2