[Zope] Pilot?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:07:49 -0400

On 22 Jul 99, at 15:40, Ty Sarna wrote:

> One I came up with is something I needed anyway, a good "desktop" for
> the Palm Computing Platform.  pilot-link is very, very basic.  KPilot is
> not very extensible.  But a Zope-based desktop has some interesting
> benefits.  First, it's easy to extend.  Second, it's a GUI appliction
> (albeit not with the slickest possible interface, due to the limitations
> of html), without introducing the problems of portability or all the
> labor required for a traditional GUI.  Third, it means not only can you
> take your data on the road in the pilot, but you can also access it on
> the road via a web browser.  Fourth, you can sync over the web, if you
> have appropriate client software and a cradle on the local end.

Ty,

I need to do the same thing for Windows CE.

Do you think it'd be wortwhile to "genericize" the zope backend (ToDo,
Address, Calendar, Backup, Memopad) such that both Palm and
Windows CE devices could use it?

In fact ... I think part of your existing conduit code would also work for
Windows CE.

This could be mighty interesting -- backup either Wince or Palm to the
same Dezkset ... or, be able to pass data between these two types of
devices via sync.

Wince devices could sync either via their desktop, or directly to the
Zope server (if the CE device had a native sync program)
--

I'm mostly a Windows CE developer, but I do have all the palm tools as
well.

Can we talk?

-Brad

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937