[Zope] http://www.zope.org/News/ContribInput

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:29:05 -0700

At 03:48 PM 7/22/99 +0200, Andreas Kostyrka  wrote:
>I've been wondering what authorization does one need for submitting a new
>item? (I'm not talking about the password enabled direct publishing of
>items, just submitting an item for review.) www.zope.org asks for Basic
>Auth for me.

Argh! This is an old and evidently broken news submission form. It should
not do any authentication. I'll look into fixing (or disabling it.)

In the mean time you can submit news by sending it to info@digicool.com

BTW, I am working hard on the new Zope site which will solve this kind of
problem in a much better way. If you wish to contribute software or news
items or documentation, etc you will become a member and will be able to
create and manage Zope objects in your own home Folder.

I hope to have the site ready enough to ask for beta testers with something
to contribute (i.e. software, news, docs, etc.) soon.

-Amos