[Zope] ANNOUNCE: XMLDocument 1.0a1

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:52:46 -0400

I am pleased to announce the first alpha release of XML Document. XML
Document allows you to use xml objects in the Zope environment. You can
create xml documents in Zope and leverage Zope to format, query, and
manipulate xml.

  http://www.zope.org/Download/XMLDocument

This release requires Zope 2.0x and the pyexpat parser which will be
distributed with Zope come Zope 2.0b1. Until the Zope beta release you
can get pyexpat from the Python xml-sig's xml package.

  http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig

I'd love feedback on the functionality and design of this product. I
think that it has a lot of potential. Also I encourage contributions on
this project since I do not have a lot of time to spend on it myself.

Happy xml hacking!

-Amos

P.S. Install it like a normal Zope product, i.e. ungzip and untar in
inside your Zope directory. If you are using the xml-sig pyexpat, Zope
will expect to find it in xml.parsers.pyexpat.

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com