[Zope] Problem with External Method Tutorial: Invisible Objects

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:32:38 -0500

Hi!
I was running through the External Method Tutorial
at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Reference/ExternalMethods

I created the addPlayHouse external method, and added it
to a Zope folder called Test. I called addPlayHouse like this:
http://orwell:9673/Test/addPlayHouse?id=myHouse. It told me
that it had added the PlayHouse successfully, and my PlayHouse
module had been compiled, so I'm assuming Zope imported it.

However, when I try to access my PlayHouse at the URL
http://orwell:9673/Test/myHouse, I get a "Resource Not Found"
message. However, I can export myHouse to a file. and running
'strings' on that file gives me loads of references to
"PlayHouse".

My web server (orwell) is running Linux/x86 2.2.10 with
Python 1.5.2 (the version packaged in Debian potato),
and Zope 2.0a4. I'm running Zope with the command line
"python z2.py -d 172.16.0.217", and I'm using ZDaemon (sp?),
not Apache.

Anyone have any suggestions?
--
Stephen Pitts