[Zope] Compiling Sybase module -- missing libtli.so, anybody have it? UR GENT! GENT!

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:53:13 +0200

It turns out that, at least for my installation, I have to replace -tli
with -tinsck. If this isn't done, it won't find the bsd_tcp symbol.

The installation instructions in src/INSTALL for putting ctsybasemodule
in Modules\Setup are correct (note that it doesn't mention that you have
to copy the source files (dbi.* and ctsybasemodule.*) into the Modules
directory, this may confuse newbies). It seems you don't actually have
to run make on in the src directory, as the ctsybasemodule must be
recompiled as part of the Python module compilation anyway.

Another curiosity: The compilation command line is _correct_ in
src/INSTALL -- it refers to libinsck.so, not libtli.so -- but incorrect
in the makefile (which does refer to libtli.so).

Curiosities abound: If the connection open operation fails in db.py, it
will report "Invalid connection string". For me, the module initially
failed at line 182, and this had little to do with the connection string
itself; it was Sybase denying access to the database, as I had not
granted access to the specified user. Emitting the actual Sybase error
tuple would have been better.

I got the installation to work now, I *think*.  :-)

Thanks.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over