[Zope] Tree navigation

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> DO you mean you want a tree in one HTML frame, that is acurately mapped
> to the state of a document in another HTML frame?  Or do you want both
> the tree and the document in one and the same frame?  The second is
> probably fairly straightforward, the first would require some javascript
> tricks.
The second isn't as easy as one would think. The tree tag [+]/[-] links do
not include the query string, which produces error if the currently
display document happens to need the parameters, like some SQL results.

I'd probably prefer the tree tag include the QUERY_STRING of the current
REQUEST when generating the fold in/out URLs, this would make creating
websites much easier.

A completely another thing are POSTed pages, they should probably not be
reincluded automatically in the URL. Why? The HTTP RFC specifies, that
POST should not be repeated without user interaction, because it might
alter the state of the Webserver (like creating some object), while GET
methods may be repeated without side effects. That's also why netscape
asks `Repost form data' when reloading a page that resulted from a POST.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by