[Zope] B1: problems making zclass objectmanagers with zclasses in them

Roman Milner roman@speeder.com
24 Jul 1999 03:18:53 -0500

    I have a zclass I made with A4 and I am having problems getting it
to work with B1.  It inherits from objectmanager and I created another
zclass in the methods view of the first zclass.
    So, after upgrading to B1 I can not longer ad instances of the
child zclass to instances of the parent zclass.  I get:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 256, in publish_module
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 145, in publish
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 414, in traverse
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, line 373, in validate
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 499, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

I can also reproduce this with completey generic zclasses produced by
Zope.

I thought this had something to do with the new permissions stuff so I
tried adding a permisions object to the product and then setting the
permision property of the factory to it and then mapping 'view' in the
constructor's security page to the new permision (per the what's
changed in B1 page) and this didn't help.

Is there something else I need to do - or have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
^Roman