[Zope] Compiling ZSybaseDA under Redhat 5.1

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:50:32 -0400

> I am trying to compile ZSybaseDA for use with Redhat 5.1.  The versoin of Zope
> I am using is one that was packaged as a Redhat rpm file by jrush
> http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/.

> Here is the output when I attempt to compile it.

> [snipped]

Two things to check, make sure you're using the correct release of Python, I
think Redhat 5.1 shipped with 1.5 or 1.4 or something antiquated... you
really should use 1.5.1 w/ 1.x releases, adn MUST use 1.5.2 with 2.x  Also,
most of the RPM distributions were bogus in that they didn't include the
pieces you need to build extensions.

Chris