[Zope] How to connect to Sybase using ZSybaseDA

A J Wilson ajwilson@ezy.net.au
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:28:48 +1000

I tried to connect manually using the script suggested below.  The output is
shown below.  I would appreciate if someone could interprete it for me and
advise how I might fix the problem.

Many Thanks
Austin

Python 1.5.1 (#10, Jul 25 1999, 07:21:22)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> import ctsybase
>>> c = ctsybase.ctsybase({'user': 'qawila1', 'password': 'figtree',
'server': 'turtle'})
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
SybaseError: ['failed to connect to server', ('client', 4, 84083715,
'ct_connect(): network packet layer:
internal net library error: Specified server name attribute could not be
found', 0, '', 0, 'ZZZZZ')]