[Zope] Zope 2 ODBC date errors

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 07:51:17 -0500

Not quite non-US only, I had the same problem and I'm the Chicago-land area.
I think part of the problem (if not all of it) is that Zope recognizes
timezones as named in Unixen-land (hmm, sure am in a -land mood this
morning), and has a little "difficulty" when it comes to recognizing what
Windows considers to be proper timezone names (those guys never did figure
out how to place nice with others).

You can fix it locally by going in and editing DateTime.py, though of course
you will have to reapply your changes the next time you upgrade.  You just
need to figure out what your system is calling the timezone you are in and
adding an appropriate entry to the _zmap dictionary.  Something like:

	'Central Time':'GMT-6'

Which, BTW, is what I had to do to get things working for my system.

HTH,
John