[Zope] ZClass subclassing a File

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu@mindspring.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:29:51 -0400

OK, I have yet another one (thanks for all the answers so far...)

I have a ZClass that has some properties, etc. I want it to be a subclass of
other ZClasses that I have defined, and the "File" type provided by Zope.

What I want is a "File" that Zope recognizes, so that I can load a file in,
etc., but have the various properties/methods available also... can this be
done?

If I define my ZClass (say MSFile) as a subclass of MSFileHolder (which
provides some generic file/image handling that I want to do), and a subclass
of File, then it works as a File (I can never seem to see the Properties
pages, etc. that I set... if I open the instantiation of the object in the
management interface, I just see it as a "File"... its as if the other stuff
doesn't exist.

Am I way off base here?

I can make my MSFileHolder be a "folderish" object (subclassing Object
Manager) and put the file in there, but then I get into seperate objects,
instead of just one object that has everything I want all in one place...

Thanks for any pointers.

Bruce
--
Bruce C. Dillahunty