[Zope] any more information on using UserDB anywhere?

Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:32:31 +1000

>>> Michel Pelletier wrote
> I would *love* for someone to take over NotMail.  It is an extremely
> cool Zope product, fairly well written and documented in code, and not
> needing much polish to become a super cool thing.  In fact, I bet there
> are several people on this list qualified enough to finish it off with
> reasonable effort.

There's a number of other neat-o features that can/should be added to
NotMail, tho. Last time I looked, it opened a new imap connection for
each web hit - eesh.

Right now we're using IMP (www.horde.org) for the webmail component of
our site. I'd _love_ to see Notmail be in a state where we can consider
using it. It would also be cool to be able to slot other forms of messaging
into the Notmail frames - why can't some of the top level entries in the
folder list be imap server accounts, some be Confera topics, while
others are, ooo, let's just say a voice mail box?

If you take a step back, there's the Notmail core, which is the 'here is
a folder, here is a message' and the IMAPAdaptor code, which deals with
the IMAP specific part. No reason that you couldn't make it so you can
plug other message stores in as well...

Anthony