[Zope] Any recommendations on folder and content organization?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:23:32 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Wang-Helmke writes:
>have to look at all of the SQL methods.  What I would like is some way
>to have a folder just for SQL methods that is below the root and some
>way to refer to this folder from anywhere below the root.

     What I've done is have a top-level folder named 'sql', and put
all the queries in it.  So if retrieve_use is one query, you can call
it with

<!--#with sql-->
  <!--#in retrieve_user-->
    ... whatever ...

I think <!--#in expr="sql.retrieve_user()"--> would work, too, though
I haven't verified that.  In an ExternalMethod that accepts a self
argument, you can then refer to
self.sql.retrieve_user(REQUEST=REQUEST, arg1=X, arg2=Y, ...).

I won't eat any cereal that doesn't turn the milk purple.
    -- Bill Watterson, _The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes_