[Zope] ZOracleDA Null Columns and Authorisation

Neill Cox neill@ingenious.com.au
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:18:43 +1000

I've done some more investigation of my original problem and my troubles are
definitely related to null values.

It seems that Zope is insisting on authentication if any of the values returned
from a query are null. If I wrap the possibly null columns in an nvl function
they work fine.

I notice that there have been several other threads relating to Zope b1 and
null objects and anuthentication problems. Perhaps this is another example.

Also I get occasional errors from Zope when executing my Oracle queries. Could
this be a problem of the ZOracleDA not being compatible with Zope b1? Is
anybody else using Oracle with b1? What are your experiences?

Any light that you Zope experts could shed on this would be very welcome. I
have several projects that I would like to use Zope for, but its hard to push
them forward with these kind of unsolved problems hanging over them.

I know it's only _beta_ software, but its such _wonderful_ beta software.

Cheers,
Neill

| Neill Cox                                                           |
| Ingenious Software Pty Ltd        Phone : +61 2 6258 4858           |
| 35 Carlile St                     Fax   : +61 2 6258 5737           |
| Evatt ACT 2617 AUSTRALIA                                            |