[Zope] ZOracleDA Null Columns and Authorisation

Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:26:34 +1000

>>> Neill Cox wrote
> Also I get occasional errors from Zope when executing my Oracle queries.
> Could this be a problem of the ZOracleDA not being compatible with Zope
> b1? Is anybody else using Oracle with b1? What are your experiences?

Hi there,

See the recent discussions on this - eg, Chris Petrilli's post yesterday
pointing at http://www.zope.org/Download/DAStatus

I've played with ZOracleDA a small amount with my Zope2 test installation,
and rapidly decided it just wasn't worth the pain. For now my Zope2 test
installation is DA-less, and all DB work is on my good ol' hacked-to-within-
an-inch-of-it's-life 1.10.3ish installation. (It's 1.10.3, with various
patches from CVS back-ported when I needed the fix/feature).

Is anyone planning to do the magic for ZSybaseDA? I know DC have a Sybase
DA that they're not releasing, but what about the free one?

Anthony