[Zope] DA Status

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:41:48 -0400

> Could you add to the table wether or not the adapter is available for download
> and if so, the URL?

Will try and get this added in today.

> I know the Sybase is from a paying customer, but it's not obvious to someone
> not on the zope lists that it's not available for general use.

Oh, it will be soon.  We are currently working with a customer to resolve
some issues of both resource starvation (old connections not getting
closed), as well as bringing it up to something more than L2 on Zope2.  Once
this is baked, we will release all the source code.

> Also, any progress on the "Database Adapters Author's Guide" mentioned on
> the Database Adapters page?

Wow, never knew anyone had offered such a beast. :-)  I will talk to our
documentation person (Pam) about getting it at least listed, as it is a good
idea, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath! :-)

Chris