[Zope] Creating a New Object Type - Use ZClass or Python?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:16:49 -0400

Both can do what your looking for.  The choice is based on preference.
Zclasses are good for content managers who understandthe object
abstraction but want to 1) develop programaticly through the web and 2)
not use python.  I personally would write your product in python, since
I use it so much it's just second nature to me, and the bits of arcana
associated with Zope products is second nature.

The arcana is minimal however, just look at a few example products and
you will see that there is a noticible pattern.  Your class needs a
meta_type, icon, permission settings, management options, an index_html
public interface method, a manage_main managment interface method, and
an __init__ file in the products package that registers itself with
Zope.

-Michel