[Zope] Makeing a squishdot object the index_html(default)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:57:08 -0400

zope wrote:

>  All,
>
>     I am a total novice with zope but not with its concept...
> I have been playing with the squishdot code...
>
> 1. I can change vthe index_html in / and have the changers show up
> I create a  squishdot product  inside the / folder named test
> and then I can see the squishdot site under
> http://myhostname.mydomaninand.org:8080/test
>
> 2. I now want to replace the "welcome to zope" index_html dtml method with
>
> with a squisdot site... how do I do this... all the ways I have tried seem
> to be very unsuccessful leading to zope metho/object not found errors
> this includes copy and paste the test/index_html  where
> the "Welcome to Zope"

Squishdot is a special kind of folder.  The top level 'folder' or root
of Zope is also a special kind of folder.  You cannot replace the root
level folder with any other kind of folder.

Then answer is, in Zope, there is no way to do what you want to do.  If
squishdot wants to be folderish, then it must be subordinate to the root
folder.  There is however an unofficial patch floating around that will
let you 'snip' a certain number of paths off your request, thus making
/any/folder/you/want look like / by snipping off 4 leading path
elements.

Someone around here knows the details on that patch, I don't.  But this
should get you started.

-Michel