[Zope] Pb with Zope-1_11_0pr1 and extra acl user folder.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:06:29 -0400

> Hello
>
> I have a new problem using Zope-1_11_0pr1:
>
> - The added user-folder seams to have no effect. Inside the
> CVS I found that
> this is a know bug: User.py V1.79:'Changed to use this to fix
> a problem that
> caused all added user folders to be ineffective.'
>    So I got the lastest Role.py(1.79) -> same result.
>    I got all the new AccessControl python files-> same
>
> My extra user-folders are still ineffective. After putting
> some debuging
> print arround User.py, it look to me that the validate method
> look inside a
> user folder which contain a list of user = []. Except if I
> put my user in
> the top acl-folder.
>

> Has someone a solution?

Gilles,

You need to delete and then re-create your extra user folders,
unfortunately. The nature of the bug is such that user folders
created while the bug was present will not be automatically
fixed by the code update.

If this is an extreme problem for you, you can shutdown your
Zope process, cd to your installation's lib/python directory,
start Python and do something like the following for each of
your extra user folders:

# for each of your broken user folders, you need to
# assign it to the __allow_groups__ variable of its
# container object

import Main
myuserfolder=Main.app.foobar.acl_users
Main.app.foobar.__allow_groups__=myuserfolder
get_transaction().commit()

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909