[Zope] Zap -- incorrect docs

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:57:32 -0400

Yes this was many moons ago during my first explorations of emacs and
CVS.  Used to use 'ed' and the floppy system of revision control.

> The instructions in README.txt state:
>
> > Be sure to run the './install' script that comes with Zope
> so that it
> > creates a 'Zope.cgi' file in the top level directory.
>
> However, I can't find this install script anywhere.

There is an 'install' script in the main Zope directory in the 1.10.2
release (you didn't mention what version of Zope you were trying).
1.10.2 is the released intended to be used with Zap.  I'm not so sure
about the 2.0.0a1 release, but Zap has not been tested or even looked at
for 2.0.0a1 yet.  We problaby won't throw any resources into making Zap
work with 2.0.0 until it goes final, the idea being 1) we're busy
writing 2.0.0, and 2) if your courageous enough to run alpha software
then you know what your doing.  In fact, I just set up a 1.10.2 release
with Zap and it took just a few commands:

[michel@spike Zap]$ zcat Zope-1.10.2-linux2-x86.tgz | tar xvf -
[michel@spike Zap]$ mv Zope-1.10.2-linux2-x86 training
[michel@spike Zap]$ cd training/
[michel@spike Zap]$ ./install