[Zope] (116) unable to connect, fd=3

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 08:11:59 -0500

Tim Hawes wrote:
> If I start ZPublisher manually within python (import ZPublisher, Main)
> the page works, if it is started from a connection through the
> web (Zope.cgi) I get the (116) unable to connect, fd=3 error. Are we
> getting warmer?

Tim,

Good sleuthing.  The current version of pcgi attempts to launch
the LRP and connect via dead reckoning.  Digital Creations
agrees with (even encourages) the idea that process launch
should be moved out of pcgi.  We have even added an out-of-band
byte to the protocol to facilitate LRP <-> pcgi negotiation.

Question:  When you started ZPublisher manually, did you get
any spewed output to stdout/stderr?

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.