[Zope] cookies

Chris Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:17:27 -0400

> I understand the need to factor out, but even if you move it to a DTML
> method, then that implies that you are no longer doing markup tags but
> programming, and it seems to me messy that you have to still
> have to use
> a tag per line.  But I guess it keeps it consistent.

Well, I've tossed around the concept of a "Script" object, that would be
a tidbit of Python code that would actually be stored in the database.
This however hasn't been written yet... honestly, DTML was never
engineered for much of what it is currently being used for, but
unfortunately the alternatives are more painful (with the exception of
ZClasses, but it's not ready for use by most people).

Chris