[Zope] The 'Zope Zen' of multiple browser windows and _manage

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:44:10 +0100

Hi,
This is an observation really.

I find that if I have two browser windows open that are both in the
'manage' window that I can get 'unusual' results - pages that I've
edited in one browser window don't show up in the other one, as well
as a vague feeling of uneasiness.

What I'm trying to get into the habit of doing is to run Internet
Explorer (not a bad beast on the Mac...) in *a, ie single* 'manage'
window and run Netscape Communicator (as an 'anonymous' user).

I *believe* it's got to do with cookies and tree's and the like, but
that's more from 'acquired' (ho ho) knowledge and not from an in
depth examination of the code.

Of course, YMMV , but hopefully this will help others out...
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2