[Zope] Running ZopeHTTPServer and PCGI together = a bad thing ?

Chris Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:32:03 -0400

> The usability win is available *if* pcgi is no longer
> required to control activation of the LRP.  If we
> limit the short-term solution to the following conditions,
> we can probably have some working code in short order:
>
> 1) LRP is started manually

I think this is a fair assumption.  We've talked, and we can offer that
at least a preliminary ultra-alpha version of ZDaemon could be made
available as soon as an alpha mod_pcgi is available.   This would just
be for testing and working out some problems, not for production use
obviously.

> 2) mod_pcgi is only responsible for communicating to a
>    single (Zope) LRP.

Um, why not have a small configuration variable that can be put in
httpd.conf that controls what it talks to?  At least port wise.

> Otherwise, difficulties in getting pcgi to work with
> Apache may actually become *more* frustrating to debug.
> At least until we have ZDaemon and pcgi <-> LRP
> negotiation in place.

:-)

Chris