[Zope] looking for testers of a slashdot-clone zope product

Butch Landingin butchland@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ya all,

I've written a slashdot-like zope product and it's almost ready to be put
 into the contrib page, but it needs two things before it's ready to go:
 1) it's packaged in a zip format, not the tgz format that all the other
 zope products are packaged in -- if you can help me do the conversion or
 do it yourself, I'd like to hear from you; and 2) a last minute sanity check
 -- I need a couple of people to just install the package on their zope sites
 and check to see if it at least isn't broken when they install it.

It uses Ty Sarna's TinyTable product so you should have that working on your setup
 if you plan to volunteer. I've tested it on version 1.10.2 and 1.11.0pr of
 Zope, but I'm hoping it should work fine on Zope2 versions as well. It would
 also work without the TinyTable product, but with some loss of configurability,
 so I'd rather have it tested with that functionality intact.

If you want to volunteer, just send me some email, and I'll pick the first couple
 of people who replies, and send them the package. I'd rather not clutter this
 mailing list with the actual package, because its about 154K in size.

I'll probably request to put in the contrib page after the conversion and
sanity checking, so it should be available (barring any unforeseen barriers) to
Juan and Alice in a few days.

Best Regards,

Butch Landingin
butchland@yahoo.com