[Zope] Recursive aquisition: good or bad?

Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:05:30 +1000

>>> Michel Pelletier wrote
> It's 'featurish'.  This kind of thing falls under the feature/bug
> anti-duality law.  It's not a bug, because it's doing exactly the right
> thing, it's not a feature, because it's generally not very useful.  I
> can imagine a situation somewhere in which it is useful (don't call my
> bluff) but I can also easily immagine situations in which it's not very
> useful at all (below).

It's _incredibly_ useful. For my current toy, an SQL data mining tool,
I have a folder with a bunch of filters, ('cons_date', 'group_by_refcode',
'add_revenue', &c.) I can then build SQL queries with a URL like
datamine/cons_date/group_by_refcode/add_revenue/show and it walks back
through the objects and builds the SQL. More on this when it's released
(hopefully shortly, but I keep finding new stuff to add :)

Anthony