[Zope] Alpha version of mod_pcgi

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:27:45 -0400

BTW Andrew this is a very essential piece.  You win the Zope Hero of the
month award.  Jeff can crown you since he's the reigning PCGI hall of
famer.

We discussed mod_pcgi alot a day ago, and we want you and everybody to
know that mod_pcgi will be a DC supported piece of software.  Not to say
that we will just rip it out of your hands and take it over, but if you
feel like you've spent too much time on it or you're not interested in
developing anymore, it won't die, we'll keep it alive (We need it!).

That aside, we would still, of course, like someone in the community to
be the mod_pcgi shepard.  Although possibly a good bit of your time in
the future could be taken up with mod_pcgi issues (Jeff, did you ever
think PCGI would take up the amount of time it does for you?) we hope
whomever shepards the mod_pcgi project will feel the warm heart glowing
feeling of knowning that thousands of people are using your code
everyday (get out the hankerchiefs).  And of course, you can also feel
the warm glowing feeling of wearing a Zope t-shirt!  be the envy of your
neighborhood!

So let us know what you think about mod_pcgi, how much time (if any) you
want to continue to put into it, how far along it has to go etc.  And if
there is anyone out there interested in helping contribute to what will
be one of *the* most popular Apache modules in the near future, chime
in.

-Michel the mod_php3 but kicker