[Zope] Collector source?

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:20:45 -0400

> From: Robert O'Connor [mailto:bob@rocnet.com]
> Where does Z Tables fit into the big picture?
> * Is it replaced or enhanced with ZODB3 ?

ZODB is the underlying Zope database.  ZTables (at heart) is a way of
publishing desktop data (like DBF files) on the web and augmenting that
data with very fast indexing, hierarchical views, and other zope
niceties.  ZTables puts your uploaded data into ZODB.

(At my job before I came here to Digicool, it's a product my old company
could have benefited from tremendously.  Instead, they converted all the
DBF records to _INDIVIDUAL_ html files and searching was done with
Glimpse.  Ugh.  Fortunately, a crafty Bobo app done by yrs truely made
that a slightly less painful experience.  But ZTables would have solved
so many of the problems that we couldn't).

I'll let Paul answer the rest.