[Zope] Confera FAQ?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 18:55:38 +0200

Jay Ashton wrote:

> Zopesters,
>
> I've started playing around width Confera and have realized that it's
> worthy of much more useful documentation than currently exists (which,
> as far as I have been able to find, is none at all). I'm still very new
> to Confera and don't yet have any insights of my own, but would really
> love to volunteer my time to maintain at least a FAQ.

Great!

> Would others find this
> helpful?

Me, definitely. :)

> Has anyone else started work on this?

Not that I know of, so it's a great initiative!

> Could/should it be integrated into to ZDP project?

Of course, yes, please. At least I think it should, I'm biased, though.
It definitely *can* be integrated. Join the ZDP list, post the thing
there for feedback. Also mail me for a management login at the ZDP site,
which I hand out generously to anyone who wants to do docs.

> Should I host it on one of my servers for now?

You can host it on the ZDP site just fine if you like. I'd like that,
and I'm sure other ZDP people would also.

> Please advise!

Okay, okay. :)

> Assuming no one else has begun this, I dug through the various zope
> sites and lists and put together the very little bit of Confera info
> that I could find into a FAQ. And I added a few unanswered questions
> that I and others have been wondering about. If it sounds at all worthwhile,
> send along corrections, answers, additions, suggestions, more questions, etc.!
>
> Hope this can turn into something helpful!  - Jay

Thanks! I hope to hear from you shortly on the ZDP list.

Thank you and regards,

Martijn