[Zope] Re: That Gadfly adapter.... *grin*

Aaron Watters arw@ifu.net
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:26:00 -0400

Sean McGerty wrote:

> Bugger. I've been using the following construct with ODBC SQL dbs for
years... There's
>also matching examples in the Gadfly documentation, but Gadfly through
Zope doesn't
>seem to like it:
>
> :select *
> :from A, B
> :where A.recNum = B.recNum
>
> And both recNum fields are of the same type. Simple you say? I thought
so. Except it's
>coming back as blank and if I change the = to a <> all rows and columns
are returned -
>including those which an eyeball search says have matching recNum
values. Which makes >one wonder if I'm missing something significant.

My guess is that your eyeballs are deceiving you.  Gadfly ignores
declared
sql types -- so if one side is the int 12 and the other side is the
string "12" gadfly
will print them the same and insist that they are not equal.  Similar
for "12 " and "12".

Jim Fulton:
>The version of gadfly that is used in our Zope ZGadflyDA is woefully
out of date.

Yes, but I've never had a complaint like this about any version of
gadfly (that
was a gadfly bug, modulo the missing type inforcement which is arguably
a bug).

    -- Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===

Partying is such sweet sorrow.