[Zope] Squishdot and Portal Toolkit

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:53:04 -0400

No overlap, but very complimetary product.  The portal toolkit deals
with things like membership and cataloging, whereas squisdot is a
discussion like system ala slashdot.  One way in which the two product
could work together better is if squishdot made sure all of it's objects
get cataloged so as to be site wide searched.  I suspect, but I don't
know, that squidot uses the searching machinery of Confera, which is
similar to what the catalog uses.  I guess squishdot could be patched to
use it's indexing machinery if a catalog is not present, and the
catalog's if it is.

-Michel