[Zope] Automatically reloading external methods (was: FYI: Portal Toolkit Slides and Demo available) Slides and Demo available)

Paulo Eduardo Neves neves@inf.puc-rio.br
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:32:53 -0300

Eric Kidd wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 03:29:02PM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> > Hmm, I'm surprised that you'd advocate automatic reloading, as it would
> > (at a minimum) stat a file on each request.  Do you think it should be an
> > optional knob to specify whether to check for changes?  If so, what
> > should be the default?
>
> I'd like a really easy way to reload external methods. It probably
> shouldn't be automatic, but it should be simple and obvious.

I really miss external methods reloading when I'm debugging. Why not
automatically reload them when the environment variable ZOPE_DEBUG_MODE
is set?

--
Paulo Eduardo Neves
mailto:neves@inf.puc-rio.br