[Zope] BS BS BS BS BS BS

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:45:11 -0400

Your message was posted less than 11 hours ago.  The message you posted
before that had almost no information in it for us to help you, so (not
speaking for the list) I ignored you.  I was about to answer your second
message when I recieved this, your third.

> I am using Apache-1.3.3 will someone pleas tell me if it is
> incompatible
> or not????????

My guess is that Apache 1.3.3 will work fine with Zope, although I've
personally never used it, we are using 1.3.4 and 1.3.6 here.

> I am also using Zope-1.09 is it broken???????????????

No, but it's not the latest version.  1.10.2 is the latest stable
version, 1.9 has some know bugs in it (none, however, that would effect
it working with Apache, we used 1.9 and Apache 1.3b on our website for a
year straight).

I would suggest downloading Zap.

http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zap-1.1.0

Zap is a precompiled and preconfigured Apache that can be dropped onto
Zope 1.10.2.  It is known to work, the whole point of Zap is a proof of
concept.  Zope *does* work with Apache, and *has* worked with Apache
since pre 1.3.  it is however, due to some legacy cruft left in Apache
that the maintainers vow is necesary, a bit tricky (Apache won't pass
the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION header to CGI scripts) so you need a RewriteRule.
Since the RewriteEngine has changed three times in as many Apache
versions, slightly different rules are needed for different versions of
Apache.  This is probably what is hanging you up.

You don't need to use Zap, just study it's httpd.conf file.

-Michel