[Zope] SunOS problems

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:17:59 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 02:56:59 -0400 (EDT),
Pavlos Christoforou <pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu> said:

Pavlos> I have downloaded the newly released Zope-1.10.3b1 and tried to
Pavlos> install it on a SunOS 5.6 box (My first ever contact with a Sun
Pavlos> machine!). I downloaded Python-1.5.2 as well. they both compiled
Pavlos> successfully and Zope seems to start up ok. However whenever I
Pavlos> try to access the Zope site I get:

Pavlos> Unhandled exception in thread:
Pavlos> Traceback (innermost last):
Pavlos>   File
Pavlos> "/export/home/yifan/pavlos/Zope-1.10.3b1-src/ZServer/PubCore/ZServerPublisher.py",
Pavlos> line 95, in __init__
Pavlos>     response=response)
Pavlos> TypeError: unexpected keyword argument: request

Pavlos> I am using the latest release of ZServer and the accompanied patched
Pavlos> ZPublisher.

A couple of stabs in the dark:

Run python 1.5.1 instead, that's what DC developed 1.10.x with.

Also, did you compile python --with-threads? I think you'll need that to
use ZServer.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA