[Zope] Version history

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 13:24:56 +0200

>is there a reason, that there's a stable version 1.10.2 and an alpha
>release 2.0a1, but 1.11.0pr1 (which is running on my box) simply
>disappeared on the download pages?
>I can't find a bug-listing of this release, maybe my problems with
>user-authentication (running Zope with the ZServer or ZAPs Apache) are
>in there.....

DC first released 1.11.0pr1 with ZClasses, but was at the same time working
on features thet would clearly belong ine a Zope 2 release. When these
features became more mature, and there actually was the shape of Zope 2, it
was decided that there would be no time to release another version of Zope
1, and that things like ZClasses really belonged in Zope 2 anyway.

There will never be a stable version of Zope 1.11, and 1.11.0pr1 is
deprecated and all development has moved to Zope 2.0.0. Bug reports on 1.11
probably belong with Zope 2.0, as all new things from 1.11 are now being
further refined in that release.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer