[Zope] RE: URGENT: Can't start up zope

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 22:07:57 +0200

At 05:33 13-6-99 , Paul Everitt wrote:
>Thus my question: How much would allowing record storage and management
>in something you might trust (e.g. bsddb) alleviate the black-box
>feeling?

The fact that Zope 2 can store in a RDMS definitely alleviates that feeling
for my colleagues, who are still somewhat Zope illiterate. But we will need
tools to read the information stored in that DB, so it is accessible from
other applications.

We have been working with Informix Universal DB for some time here, and
they are intrigued by a Web Application Platform that is object oriented,
in as such that it stores information that it knows how to handle. I
personally cannot bide with the informix way of connecting it's data to the
web (no more MIval!).

If the Zope data stored in a RDMS can be accessed by other apps, this would
be benificial to promoting Zope to people that think in RDMS's as an end to
all Web Applications, even though I personally don't see a direct use for
such access.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer