[Zope] Ahaaaa! Success Startup Authentication !!

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:45:06 -0400

"Robert W. Canary" wrote:
> I found one thing that did not quit work the way the zope docs said.

I think you're right.  Could you do us a favor:

1) Write up all your impressions about how the install docs could be
improved.

2) Specifically highlight the area that is incorrect.

There is an imminent (next day or so) Zope2 alpha coming out.  It would
be nice to get any corrections into the file before then.

[snip]

> I have one question?  After I log onto the "/Zope.cgi/manage" I can exit
> and then go backto /Zope/Zope.cgi/manage it goes directly to it.  It
> does not ask me for a username and password anymore.  Why?

The browser stores the username and pasword based on the "realm" that
the website states.  This is all part of the HTTP Basic Authentication
spec.  If you quit all your browsers and go back, you'll be prompted
again.

--Paul