[Zope] encoding strings for CGI

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:22:58 +1000

>>> Alexander Staubo wrote
> There's no reason for Zope not to URL encode slashes (in my experience
> URL encoders usually encode everything but a-zA-Z0-9; has URL encoding
> ever been standarized, anyway?), although I'm not sure if this omission
> causes trouble for browsers. Exactly how have you been bitten?

The python urllib.urlquote function can optionally encode slashes. When
invoked by the Zope url_quote format it does not.

The application that caused me pain was in the dataminer - you can
specify constraints based on a value of a column. In the case of
a date, column, for instance, specifying a date greater than 1999/06/01
would result in a URL like .../opgt1999/06/01/... - this is obviously
broken.

Anthony