[Zope] using Zope2 for a newbie?

J Kinsley jkinsley@horus.bticc.net
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 02:39:04 -0400 (EDT)

    zope@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope] using Zope2 for a newbie?
>

> On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 05:34:09 -0400,
> Paul Everitt <paul@digicool.com> said:
>
> Paul> Go to Zope2 and take a look at Z Classes.  Background material is
> Paul> at:
>
> Paul>   http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-May/004121.html
>
> Actually, following that tutorial, it seems that a ZClasses Properties and
> the Properties Tab on ZClasses are broken. Here is a post with this
> exact question:
>
>    Subject: ZClasses tutorial FAQ: Properties tab unvi (sic) invisible
>    From: Gregor Hoffleit
>    http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/5844.html?

Is there a copy of this message in the mailman archive?  I can not
access egroups.  Says my account is invalid.

> Was this ever answered?  Anyways, I've noted in the tutorial below what
> doesn't make sense about it. I would really appreciate a hint. This is a
> great conceptual intro to ZClasses, but it kind leaves you with empty
> classes with no properties :-)

I have encountered this same problem.  I was working through the CD
example and all was well up until time to create an instance.  All I
have is a blank space in the select box where CD should be and if
selected returns a 'Resource not found' error.

Traceback shows:

CDClass instance at 85470c8

Traceback (innermost last):
  File ./lib/python/Zpublisher/Publish.py, line 238, in publish_module
  File ./lib/python/Zpublisher/Publish.py, line 108, in publish
  File ./lib/python/Zpublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 255, in setBody
  File ./lib/python/Zpublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 494, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

My setup:

       Zope version: (unreleased version)  [CVS checkout on 10 June 99 00:05 EDT]
       Python version: 1.5.2 (#1, Apr 19 1999, 19:20:43) [GCC egcs-2.91.66
       19990314/Linux (egcs-
       System Platform: i686-redhat-linux

While ZClasses look quite interesting from what I have seen so far, I
have one quick question.  Is it possible to have a synchronized copy
of the CD data in a SQL database?  I am assuming that it would be,
but being new to Zope and not being able to get ZClasses working
properly, I am not sure how to go about it.

Regards,
Jarrod Kinsley