[Zope] Augmenting aquired DTML-Method's in subfolders

Stefan Bund asbund@gmx.de
14 Jun 1999 09:54:18 +0200

Hi all.

I've found a question like this in the Archives but no answer :-(

The Problem:
At the root-level I definde standard_html_header (and some
other's). In a subfolder I now would like to extend the definition of
standard_html_header, that is, I would like to write something like

<!--#(get aquired version of standard_html_header)-->
(some DTML-Code)

Now, how do I write '<!--#(get acquired version of
standard_html_header)-->'? At the moment I use

<!--with "PARENTS[-1]"--><!--#var standard_html_header--><!--#/with-->

But I don't like this construct. It work's as long as the acquired
Version is the one in the root document, but what, if I have already
augmented standard_html_header in some other PARENT? Hmm...

I would like some construct opposite to 'with', like 'temporarily pop
the topmost n Namespaces' or something like this. This would be handy
in other situations to. Any possibility?

Other construct's I'd like are things like 'Pop me to the place, where
<foo> was acquired from', or 'give me the PARENT, where <foo> was
acquired from'. How do I answer questions like this effectively. I'm
pretty new to Zope, so maybe there's a better Zope-isch solution to my
problem, but ...

Stefan.