[Zope] Is there any plans to combine harvest with catalog?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:02:05 -0400

Dylan wrote:
> Seems catalog in solving the same problem.

Ahh, Harvest.  Brings back old memories.  I started using it in 1992/93
and we actually fielded some consulting opportunities using it before
the group disbanded (most going to Netscape to start the Catalog
Server).

I thought Harvest was mostly dead?

Anyway, having a web crawler index your site has strengths and
limitations as have been described here.  We at one time had extended
Harvest to make it "play nice" with an object system we had created (for
employment info), but in the end the two architectures were too
disimilar.

--Paul