[Zope] How? ZServer + PCGI

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:31:20 -0500

> No other programs have trouble writing to /tmp. Maybe I have a stale
> socket file in /tmp. Will clean it out. More tonight...

Alex,

Not been keeping up with the thread (sorry), but here's a common
scenario which often describes your symptom.

1. Developers writes file to /tmp with user permissions during
   local testing.
2. Application tested.  Attempt to run app as a web server 'nobody'
   process.  Process fails due to write permission error.
3. Developer slaps forehead.  Uses chmod or chown to change
   file mode/owner settings.  Time for a beer, which causes
   developer's brain to double in power.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.