[Zope] DTML reformulated as XML

Andrew Bunner bunner@massquantities.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:15:30 -0700

>By forcing all dynamic behaviors to be coded separately we also would
>greatly encourage the reuse of those dynamic behaviors.  The trick then
>becomes coming up with a user friendly interface for users to tie these
>behaviors to their respective object elements and then to have zope bring
>all the pieces together when it needs to generate the actual HTML page.

  I'm new to this list and to Zope, but not new to these concepts.

  I suggest looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-AS for Netscape's approach to
seperating logic from content. Might an analogous approach could be made to
work with Zope?

  Also, some people are beating around the syntax of how to embed python code
(if embedding is what you want to do)... why not use XML processing
instructions? i.e. <?zope ... ?> or <?python ... ?>

  Someday we'll all be using XML editors and this lets us have comments <!--
--> be formatted differently from python code.

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Mass Quantities, Inc.
   bunner@massquantities.com
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com